As most of you may know, this year we are returning to in-person programming in schools in Polk, Dallas, and Warren counties. We have started several of our Power Read programs this month and are still hoping to begin Power Read at several more schools yet this semester. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, we virtually served our students last year, connecting 535 students with 375 volunteer mentors and distributing 4,089 books to build their home libraries.
- Sponsor a Power Read student for just $9.62 per week or $41.67 per month. Visit our donation page by clicking here to get started.
- Donate new books for students from our Amazon Wish list.
- Encourage others to volunteer as a reading mentor for the school year (apply online at everybodywinsiowa.org), we still have about 50 students waiting to be matched with a mentor so please help us recruit additional volunteers.
- We are still acquiring videos for our “Storytelling” project (please contact email@example.com for additional information).
- Serve on one of our board committees as they are still meeting online this fall project (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information).
- And of course you may visit our website for more ways to give.